Follow me on BlueSky

Follow me on Mastodon

Follow me on FB

NaNoWriMo Starts Today


National Novel Writing Month starts today, and I'm participating along with 300,000 of my closest friends. When I first heard about this event in which people pledge to write an entire novel in one month, I thought it was crazy. How could anything worthwhile come out of just 30 days of writing?

That was before I wrote my first novel. Now, I understand that NaNoWriMo is a way to provide writers support for dumping out that messy first draft. And I also understand that the successful NaNoite will have done a lot of thinking and planning for their book before the start day.

So, we are off and running and I'm happy to report that I've written a grand total of 496 words in my first half hour of the competition. If you're participating this year and looking for a writing buddy, you can find me here!

And now, back to work....

Comments

  1. Comments have been closed, folks - too much spam on this one for some reason!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to my Blog on Substack!