Follow me on Mastodon

Follow me on FB

A Little Quiet on the Complexity Simplified Front


Okay, it is time to admit to you (as well as to myself) that I am having a hard time blogging lately. I wrote that long post on Monday about Erice, the Mountain of God, fully intending to get back in here and write more about the trip.

And I would love to do that, if only I could find my notes. My office is a shambles, with tall, teetering stacks of books and notebooks and papers covering every horizontal surface. And since I took those notes last October, chances are they are at the bottom of one of these piles - if only I had the energy to begin the excavation.

So, I was starting to despair about ever being able to blog again, when Joanna Young's post 10 Things To Do When You Lose Your Blogging Voice popped into my reader.

All I can say is: thanks be to Joanna Young!

Her post let me know that I was not alone, and that all bloggers go through these ups and downs. That all bloggers sometimes feel like a stranger to their own blogs. And that this inability to show up at my blog just might be a sign that something is rolling around under the surface in my writing life.

As it is. I have, after all, just cut my hours at work to half-time so I can focus on writing a book this summer. No wonder I find it hard to blog right now. No wonder my thoughts seem to be everywhere but on Complexity Simplified.

So, dear Reader, I will be here as much as I can be over the next weeks and months, but when I'm not, you'll know it's because I'm writing.

And that, after all, is the whole point of blogging.

Comments

Subscribe to my Blog on Substack!