Follow me on Mastodon

Follow me on FB

New Blog Post Schedule

In a fit of organizational fervor, I've decided to schedule my posts. From now on, starting next week, I will be posting on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The mid-week (Wednesday) post will be short and will be called "Nearly-Wordless Wednesday," as it will consist only of an image with a short caption.

The name for my mid-week post is borrowed from my friend Beth, whose own mid-week post on her reading and photography blog BethFishReads is called "Wordless Wednesday." Since I know I won't be able to resist telling you what the image is (I'm a recovering teacher), I can't go totally wordless like Beth does. Also, I will be choosing images with scientific meaning, because I'm a hopeless nerd and because they're really cool!

To give you a taste of what those nearly-wordless posts will be like, here is a picture I happen to love. It is a new photo from the Hubble telescope and is of the planetary nebula designated NGC 2818, which lies in the southern constellation of Pyxis, also known as the Compass. More info (and more beautiful pictures) can be found on the Hubble site.

Next week: The Attractor!

Comments

Subscribe to my Blog on Substack!